Avoiding "the tipping point"
If you've got the choice between 11 minutes of this blog, or 11 minutes of this video choose the latter- the world will be a much better place for it I assure you.
Wake Up, Freak Out - then Get a Grip from Leo Murray on Vimeo.
Where to begin...
So, some things have changed since January- and some things are very much the same. I'm still the lucky recipient of fair breezes and fate's blessing, discovering on a daily basis how truly lucky I really am. I'm still working for the Ritz, enjoying the opportunity to teach and be taught. About a month ago I moved apartments and couldn't be happier about that fact. I now live in a veritable terrarium, surrounded by the bright greens of a breadfruit grove and the azure caribbean sea.
It's entirely open air so heavy rains make for midnight mists...fantastic. There's also a slew of green iguanas that I share the space with: bobbing their heads in agreement to the sounds of the new ABOVE ONLY lp!!!
I've also discovered a new passion that's almost entirely alien to me: CAVING. These aren't like three minute-well lit-cardboard-cut-out-pirate-chillin'-next to a treasure chest caves, NO SIRee- these are guano in your mouth, mud in your ears, swim under a stalactite- squeeze through a crack in the wall caves. And I like it.
I also had an old friend come to visit- and made 5 new ones in the process. It's amazing how you fail to realize how much you really miss someone until you see them again after so long, and lose them again so soon...such is life. Hopefully I'll do a much better job keeping tabs on this one in the future (;
It looks like Memphis for the wrong part of may- I'll be there the 21st-29th for Jason Wallace's wedding. So looking forward to having all the boys back together again...can't even fathom the good times that will unfold from that.
I've also started teaching photography at the private high school here on island. It's always interesting to hear the ridiculous things that come out of my mouth when I try to sound like I know what I'm talking about...but there's a lot of potential there because from what I've seen so far they're a very promising and talented bunch.
It looks like I'll have one more season in Cayman if all goes to plan, then it's off to Kapalua (The Ritz in Maui) for a little surfing and a new start at life in the other pond. (Putting me in Hawaii sometime around Sept. 2010)
So thanks for keeping tabs on me, and as always being so patient for the cavernous gaps between entries.
much love,
Jim


1 Comments:
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the video! We do need to consume less and act more responsibly! Looking forward to your visit to MEM.
More importantly, looking forward to visiting you in Maui!
Love, Dad
7:57 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home