Nearly 8 Months in the Making
Well I'll begin this blog with the humblest of apologies...I have been somewhat delinquent in my entries to this, and for that I apologize. My only justification was that I had little direction at the time and felt that any forecast would be misleading. Because I've come to terms with the fact that life is ever-changing and nothing in mine is as concrete as I'd like, I'll just start from the top.
About nine months ago I realized that there was another job on island I'd be interested in. It's something a little more up my alley. Not to say that working as a photographer wasn't, I could definitely see myself doing that as well- but this affords me a little more money, free time and creative license. Not to mention an opportunity to utilize the degree I spent the majority of my life working towards. I am now a Naturalist for the Ritz Carlton resort in Grand Cayman, working for a program by one of the Cousteau kids called Ambassadors of the Enviroment. I'm a naturalist, not to be confused with NATURIST or NUDIST. I am an educator and get to teach people all about the things that I've come to be so passionate about. Not to mention I'm back in the water leading tours and increasing my jack-of-all trades handle.
I'm about to go do my first dive in 2 months, and couldn't be more excited. It's also lobster season here so it'll be my first chance in at least a year to catch and eat one of my favorite things. My dad gets here in less than a week, and I'm thrilled by the concept that I'll get to someone from "that world" my world. Not to mention my first visitor to stay for more than 5 hours on this island. I owe him and Denise just about everything for supporting me during not only the past few months but the years prior to that. Other thanks far overdue are owed to Mom, for constant support and such a great thanksgiving- and ALL of the Evrard clan for that matter...you are an incredible family that I'm so thankful to be a part of. Grampa Lindy for being such a great friend and human being for that matter- and my brothers for being such awesome friends and constant inspiration.
My girlfriend Tana is one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and I'm constantly floored by her heart and considerate nature. I AM A LUCKY MAN. She's currently in Chicago, and were it possible for me to do what I love in that part of the world you'd better believe I'd be there as well. 1,600 miles flies by on a direct flight (literally!) so I'm working on that one as we speak.
Other incredible experiences over the last few months were hiking the AT in full fall explosion with Chris, Courtside Grizzlies game with gramps, present making with mom and getting to meet new cousins. 8 hours in the Fox and the Hound with Ryan and getting to see Sam's band Above Only in concert twice.
I'm currently in one of the nicest hotel rooms I've ever seen- the Ritz gave me a week to get settled and I'm making the most of it to say the least.
But blue skies and bluer water awaits, so I bid you adieu
Until that next time...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home