
Well guys, here we go again. I have decided that survival on terra ferma enorme is impossible for me. I guess it just boils down to your composition. For some reason I crave the island style. It seems to suit my nature in nearly every sense.

I'll be spending a lot of time underwater and returning to my newly sprouted roots. It's as if my entire demeanor is altered by the absence of the sun, and this prolonged absence from a gainful employment arrangement has truly tested my sanity. For those of you that I haven't spoken with in the last few weeks, I'll take a sec to fill you in. I'm moving to Grand Cayman Island. This low slung sandy stretch is about 400 miles southwest of St. Augustine and 1000 miles from my previous home in the USVI. The Caymans are owned by the British, and claim to enjoy the highest standard of living in the entirety of the Caribbean. I will be working for a production company called VIP Productions doing underwater photography and videography. I'll be making a meagre salary but gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience (not to mention indulging my Caribbean contentment) so it all seems a fair trade. As it stands right now my flight leaves 8 AM Sunday morning (4-6-08) )from MCO to GCM with intentions of starting work on the 7th. I will repost as soon as I have some first hand experience and personal photos to impart.
Cheers
1 Comments:
Love you Jim. I'll keep you in my prayers. For a great time and to keep you always safe. Please keep in touch, I miss you! Your favorite Aunt.
6:49 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home